HIGH STANDARDS - STRICT CODE OF ETHICS
Dr. Falls is a registered graduate with a Doctor of Education Degree in the advanced study in Human Sexuality. It is an independent scientific field of study within medicine and psychology. His experience includes being director of residential treatment programs for addictions and mental health, establishing outpatient community treatment programs and working as a member of a multi disciplinary treatment team in a psychiatric hospital before and during the deinstitutionalization of patients in the community. He is internationally recognized and has presented his work at international scientific conferences. Presently he is in private practice in Vancouver, British Columbia. He provides consultation to families, individuals and community engagement.. He also works with the homeless population.
Sexology is the scientific study of human sexuality, including human sexual interests, behaviours, and functions. Sexologists apply tools from several academic fields, such as biology, medicine, psychology, epidemiology, sociology, and criminology.
Topics of study include sexual development(puberty), sexual orientation, gender identity, sexual relationships, sexual activities, paraphilias and atypical sexual interests. It also includes the study of sexuality across the lifespan, including child sexuality, puberty, adolescent sexuality and sexuality among the elderly. It also spans the sexuality among the mentally and/or the physically disabled. Including, the sexological study of sexual dysfunctions and disorders, including erectile dysfunction, anorgasmia and pedophilia.
There are certain things you experience in life that are so personal, you'd rather keep it secret for fear of being judged. That's when it's time to talk to a specialist with proven experience.
- Public engagement
- Consultation and support in personal decision making
- Assessment and individual goal setting
- Collaboration with other healthcare professionals
With over 30 years experience in mental health and addictions, Clinical Sexologist Dr. Larry Falls understands the problems in dealing with personal issues, and with specialized training in human sexuality he is able to cut through social stigma that controls your well-being and deal with the reality that affects your emotions and functions.
In his practice he uses high standards and a strict code of ethics. For more information contact Dr. Falls today.
* Registered specialist in sexual abuse trauma, addiction and mental health, including experience in developing policies and procedures in the development of residential facilities for treatment in addictions and community resources for other mental health issues.
* Over 25 years experience in mental health and addiction programs from therapist to Executive Director.
- Plan, develop and implement policies and procedures
- Consultation in regards to substance abuse, mental Health and community development
- Lecture at scientific conference Sydney, Australia
- Lecture scientific conference Prague, Czech Republic
- Presenter, Scientific conference Montreal, Quebec
- Invitation lecture Goteborg, Sweden